- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or regular butter)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, peanuts or almonds – chopped (or omit nuts altogether)
- 1/2 cup (unsweetened) shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened crisp brown rice cereal
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup natural brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup carob chips or regular chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
go here Grease a baking sheet with the coconut oil. I opt to also line the sheet with parchment paper.
Toast the nuts and coconut for about 5 minutes on the stove in a sauté pan until the coconut is golden. Toss once or twice along the way. Mix the oats, toasted nuts, coconut and the cereal, together in a large bowl and set aside.
Combine the rice syrup, sugar, salt and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly as it comes to a boil and thickens just a bit, about 5-6 minutes. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and stir until it is evenly incorporated. Add the carob chips and combine.
Spread onto the baking sheet and cool to room temperature before cutting into individual bars. You can store these in an airtight container for up to a week…but they won’t last that long!