- 1 block (14 oz when drained) extra firm tofu
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste freshly cracked black pepper
- Sea Salt
- Coconut oil for frying
Pat dry the tofu.
Cut into 1 inch cubes.
Place the tofu cubes in a large bowl. Add corn starch, salt and pepper.
Gently toss until the tofu pieces are very well coated. In a skillet, pour (or scoop) oil so that it comes up 1/2 inch. Heat the oil. Make sure oil is hot. Add tofu cubes a few at a time. If you fry too many in one go they won’t crisp up. Fry the tofu pieces, flipping them around, so that all sides are golden brown.
Drain onto a few layers of paper towels.
Easy Chili Dipping Cream
- ½ cup veganaise
- 2 tbls chili paste (or to heat level)
- zest and juice of one lime or lemon
- 1 tbls umi vinegar
Stir and use as a delicious sauce!