http://www.energylease.fr/viliv/6486 I adore this time of year! There is an endless array of things you can do with pumpkin and squash and beans and carrots and…I could go on and on…
see This soup is one of my favorites and so easy to prepare. It is hearty and delicious and of course can be made with any ravioli at all. I chose pumpkin because it’s readily available in the Fall and gives this soup a sweet depth that other raviolis cannot.
Pumpkin Ravioli Soup with Mushrooms & Sage
- 1 1# package ravioli (fresh or frozen) – I use mini pumpkin ravioli from Trader Joes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbls coconut oil (or olive)
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1 8oz container vegan cream cheese (or regular!)
- 2 boxes vegetable stock (8 cups)
- 7 sage leaves
- water to reach the consistency you like (about 1-2 cups)
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parmesan for garnish
go site In a large soup pot, saute the coconut oil with the shallots and mushrooms for about five minutes. Add the garlic, being careful not to burn it. Add the stock and ravioli and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese and sage. Stir to combine. Cook on a low/medium heat until the ravioli are tender – about 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with the salt & pepper. Add more water if it gets too thick. Garnish with fresh parmesan.
source url Serves 6-8