http://funeral-home.be/plevenw/4468 Nothing says Summer like a fantastic Bean Salad. This one takes all day to make, but don’t be scared…it’s mostly watching your lovely Orca beans cook on simmer. Orca beans can be found in any good gourmet market. You can absolutely use any bean for this recipe and save yourself alot of time, since Orca beans take twice as long as most other dry beans to cook.
Orca Bean Summer Salad
- 1# dried Orca beans or any other dried bean – cooked as per package directions. Set aside to cool.
- 2 celery stalks – chopped fine
- fresh oregano sprig – chopped fine
- fresh cilantro – chopped fine
- 2 green onions – chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbls agave nectar
- 2 tbls olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Add the first five ingredients in a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl, whisk the dressing. Then, combine the two. Ideally, this salad should sit in the refrigerator overnight, but it’s hard to do…it tastes too good to wait.