The title of this piece is a bit false. I do not love coffee! I enjoy a cup of de-caf every once in awhile and on cold rainy mornings, I might make a cup with cinnamon and heavy cream, but other than that I am not one to go looking for it every morning. My husband on the other hand DOES love coffee. He will grind it, press it, boil it, roast it, smell it, perk it and drip it. Maybe that’s why the gals at the new coffee place in Malibu know him by name and have his espresso ready for him by the time he walks in the door. Anyway.
The super cute (and most appropriate!) picture below was taken by an amazing photographer/friend Steve Garrett. You can find him at www.alwaysmovingpictures.com – he does great things…but, I digress…what I wanted to tell you were the ways in which I DO enjoy coffee….
Five Non-Ordinary Ways To Enjoy Coffee
- Iced with Agave, Vanilla Soy & Chocolate Syrup – yup – I want one right now
- Frozen on Popsicle Sticks with Heavy Cream Swirls & Kaluha poured in right before freezing (adults only please)
- 1 cup Added to a simple chocolate cake recipe (instead of water) – using de-caf is best for this if kids are around!
- Add 1 cup to an organic jarred BBQ Sauce for a fun twist – Makes a great Hostess Gift Too
- Freeze some in ice cube trays (maybe even shaped like hearts) and use them to make Iced Latte’s
I’m off to freeze and swirl….