Vegetarian, Gluten free
Serves 4 – 6
- 4 large leaves of basil
- Cauliflower (1 head – roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried or Bonnie’s Tasty Herb Rub
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray (this helps brown the bottom!)
- Take the cauliflower and pulse it in a cuisineart until cauliflower is “riced” (small pieces).
- Sautee in a large pan with 1 tbls olive oil until browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes. When cooled a bit, dump onto a big tea towel and twist tight to form a large “meatball”. You will now ring out all of the excess liquid (over the sink!). Be sure to squeeze until you cannot squeeze anymore.
- Place dried out cauliflower in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Place onto cookie sheet and smash down to form a pizza crust about 1⁄4 inch thick (or make several smaller ones). Depending on how big you make them, you can fit 2-4 on one cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the sides get crispy brown. You can top this with any sort of pizza topping you like and put back into the oven for a few minutes to warm it.